At the heart of our work is an holistic approach aimed at building skills and maintaining a balanced canine-human partnership, through a comprehensive understanding of dogs’ behaviour, psychology and communication.
Our broad programme of short or longer in-depth courses, applied workshops and holidays cater for pet-owners and professionals alike. In addition we offer hands-on, tailor-made behavioural and practical sessions for anyone wishing to become more skilled at handling or working with their dog on a one-to-one or small group basis.
Each dog deserves to be understood. Sharing two-way communication through awareness and appropriate response to canine body language, along with understanding canine behaviour and psychology, will help dog and owner build a deeper relationship based on mutual trust and respect.
However much we may love our dogs, from time to time problems can arise. This may be due to a wide variety of reasons ranging from health issues to traumatic past experiences. Some dogs may develop issues related to “aggression”, socialisation or separation, or may be struggling in their environment with fear, insecurity, stress or hyperactivity. Whatever the case, we offer practical guidance and support for the specific needs of each individual, dog and owner alike.
Christmas is coming…….
With Christmas just around the corner why not treat someone with an interest in dogs to a great dog related present. We have ideas to suit everyone so why not have a look at these few suggestions or take a look in out shop or at our courses and treat someone special to a great gift.
• A fleecy harness in a range of colours and sizes (we also sell matching collars)
• A book from our vast range including Understanding the silent communication of dogs by Rosie Lowry or On Talking Terms with Dogs: Calming Signals by Turid Rugaas
• Book a place on one of our courses. We have a wide range of courses on offer in 2014 so you are sure to be able to find something suitable.
• Book a place on one of our hugely popular Dog Centred Holidays. We are running these holidays in Staffordshire and Devon next year so why not book a place.
• You can’t go wrong with a gift voucher for Sheila Harper Ltd. We can do vouchers in multiples of £5.00 so please contact us if you would like to purchase one.
If you are really stuck why not get in touch with us and maybe we can provide you with a few suggestions